S.H.I.E.L.D. University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S.H.I.E.L.D. University

Time To Train As Some Of The Greatest Heroes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gemina

Gemina

Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) Empty
PostSubject: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:06 pm

(THIS OPENING BIT CONTAINS SOME DISTURBING CONTENT, DON'T LIKE DON'T READ)
He had been calling her non stop and Hannah knew that if she didn't answer the phone eventually then he would do something that would make her mom suffer.  Stupid idiot just didn't know when to quit with the threats, she was sick of feeling like her every step was being shadowed.  She had to prove to herself that she could handle herself, at least give him a good-bye he wouldn't forget.  The thought was coldly amusing to her and she wasn't at all surprised when she heard his voice behind her, "Took you long enough to answer your damn phone." Hannah hated hearing his voice, yet she acted oblivious to his angry tone.  "I'm at a school dad, I can't just leave in the middle of everything just because you want to talk to me." She said matter of factly as she turned to look at him.  Looking at him brought back all those memories and she had to force herself not to bolt like a rabbit, "Besides last time I checked you were getting on with your life well enough." She pointed out coldly.  Her dad took a step forward and glared down at her, "You should be lucky I didn't take you with me." He snarled.  Hannah looked up at him almost calmly, "I am grateful I wasn't stuck with you, you son of a bitch." She growled, her dad gave her a smile seconds before he backhanded her.  The slap was painful and her head ached, she didn't really react even when he grabbed her around the neck, "Maybe I should take you with me." He said darkly as he brought her up against him.  She shuddered in disgust and slapped him across the face, "Bastard." She said before she kneed him in the crotch.  As soon as she was released she ran away from him, if she made it inside the building...she should be fine that is if her legs held up.  She had almost convinced herself that she would make it seconds before she collapsed in a heap on the ground, she dimly registered hearing her dad come up behind her and whimpered in fear when he turned her over.  "Still as weak as ever....pathetic." Her dad said with a little laugh.  The sound only served to make her angry, "Don't you touch me!" She yelled and kicked him in the chest, albeit weakly.  She was pleased to hear it connect but cried out when he yanked her leg that she had used to kick him with and drag her towards him.  She stiffened when he loomed over her, "I think I remember the first time we did this, don't you?" He asked as if not hearing her and sneering down at her.  Flashbacks hit her then and it was all she could do not too burst into tears, as it was she barely could keep the tears back and she was failing at everything else it seemed.  "Leave me alone....just once in your life, leave me." She whispered as she fought not to  react to his hands touching her, she couldn't stop the tears then.
(gaah that turned out really long o-o sorry about that X'DD)
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:07 pm

A dark shadow flew over them, causing Hannah's father to pause and look behind him.

"Who's there?" He called, letting go of Hannah for a moment, figuring she couldn't get far anyways. 

He turned back around to find that Hannah was gone. "WHAT?! Where are you, you little brat!?" He shouted, looking around.

Batman hid in the shadows, holding Hannah against his chest. He had a hand over her mouth, before he lifted a finger to his lips, silently telling her to be quiet.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Hannah was shaking and clung to Bruce as hard as she could, which wasn't much and stared up at him with wide eyes. She wasn't quite sure he was real....though somewhere in the back of her mind she was just insanely grateful that he had shown up when he had. She could hear her father cursing in the background and tensed when she heard his footsteps nearby, she knew now though that since Bruce had arrived she was safe....she just couldn't quite believe that he was there.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Batman slowly let go of her mouth, before looking over at her father, who was cursing loudly and heading in their direction. Without making a sound, he carried Hannah over to another, more hidden location. He set her on the ground. "Stay here." He whispered, before moving to another location.

He pulled out his grappling hook and shot it at the roof, before the hook pulled him onto the roof.

"What?" Hannah's father said, looking over where Batman had been moments ago. "Come on out! I know you're here! You know I don't like playing games, sweetheart!" The man said, his voice dripping with anger.

After Hannah's father investigated the place where he heard the noise he turned around. He jumped and took a step back when he saw Batman right behind him. "The hell?! Where'd you come from, freak?"
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Hannah watched him leave feeling the cold set in as soon as he had taken off, she poked her head out from where she was currently hiding and watched in shock as she saw Br-no Batman face her father. She shrank back so he wouldn't see her, she was starting to get scared all over again as she heard her dad cursing...and yet Batman just stood there while her dad yelled at him. Hannah wasn't sure what would happen at this point so she just stared at them both with wide eyes.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Batman's eyes narrowed behind his cowl. "You call yourself a father?" He said, his voice low.

"So you're the one that took my girl, well, stay out of it, buddy; doesn't concern you!" Her father said, before turning to continue searching for Hannah.

The man jumped when a hand grabbed his shoulder suddenly, before pulling him around to face the Dark Knight. Batman grabbed hold of the man's collar and pulled him towards him. "I'm not finished." He said, his voice dark, sending a shiver of fear down the old man's spine.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Hannah watched fearfully from where she sat in a shaking ball, not fear for her father but for Bruce. She had to force herself not to jump forward and protect Bruce. She knew her dad could be downright unpredictable and ever since he had left he had been working out.
(I am so sorry Skype is being mean and keeps kicking me DX)
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 am

{OOC: *kicks skype* STOP KICKING HER!!! DX}

Batman pulled back his arm and punched the man in the face. He watched him stumble back a few feet, while rubbing his chin. Batman moved into a fighting position and signaled for the man to come at him.

Hannah's father growled, before running at the Dark Knight. He moved to punch him in the face, only to have Batman duck. Batman punched the older man in the stomach, making him double over in pain, before hitting him in the back of the neck, sending him down to meet Batman's knee.

Batman kneed him in the nose, not minding at all the blood on his costume, before he pulled the man up to him again.

"Leave. Hannah. Alone." He said, slowly and in an even darker tone then earlier. He tossed the beat man into a bush with thorns. Batman glared at the man, before turning to walk back to Hannah, knowing the man was now down for the count.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:20 am

Hannah watched with a mixture of emotions as Batman beat up her father, once he turned to face her she gave him a small smile. Her eyes though landed on her dad fast enough for her to see him take out his knife. Without even thinking of the consequence Hannah moved forward, "No!" She cried out barely able to step in front of the knife as her dad flung it Batman. A little gasp left her lips as the knife connected, she stared at the knife sticking out of her chest as she fell to her knees. She felt numb...she could dimly hear her dad start yelling even as she stared down at the knife feeling confused and scared....she was dying.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:32 am

He watched in shock as Hannah pushed him out of the way as a knife hit her chest. The world seemed to move in slow motion to him, just like it did the night his parents died...

He caught her before she could fall completely forward. "No... I told you to stay there!" He said, his tone holding emotion, but his voice wasn't louder then a whisper.

He knew he couldn't pull out the knife, not unless he wanted her dead faster. He moved his cape to wrap around her, wanting to keep her warm.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:41 am

She stared up at him, "I couldn't stand there....you have to know that."  She whispered as she stared up at him.  It was getting hard to focus on talking, she reached up and gently touched his face, "I'm sorry, but watching him start to throw that knife...it scared me" She added softly.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:23 am

He closed his eyes and leaned into her hand. "I would have been fine, you know that." He said, referring to the fact she knew what he was capable of.

He held her closer to him, not even really paying attention to the stunned man behind him.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:28 am

Hannah gave a weak laugh, "Don't blame yourself for this Bruce........promise me you won't." She whispered. It was taking all of her strength to concentrate on talking to him, everything else hurt....and things were fading out now.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:28 am

How could he not blame himself for this? He held her closer to him, to where his body was covering hers completely from view. 

"...I promise..." He said, softly, knowing she was fading fast. He kissed her lips to give her one last goodbye.

When he knew she was gone, he laid her down before taking off his cape and covering her body with it. He glanced behind him when he heard Hannah's father start running away. Batman shot his grappling hook at his legs, the hook shooting through the man's leg.

Batman ignored his screams of pain as he pulled the man over to him. "Where do you think you're going?!" He growled, when he was looming over the man.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 am

(o-o SNAAAP XDDD)
Just behind him the cloak started to shift as the knife was shoved out of her chest and to the ground but that wasn't all. Hair appeared and curled down until it hit Hannah's shoulders, long dark brown hair. Even though it wouldn't be seen yet the deep wound in her chest faded to nothing and the young woman under the cape started to awaken. The cape started to be pushed back as the woman finally awoke.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:39 pm

He turned around when he heard the cape shift on the ground. His blue eyes widened under his cowl and his jaw dropped a little, before he cautiously moved back over to the cape, still keeping a hand on the rope of his grappling hook.

Batman reached down and slowly pulled back the cape to see a Hannah waking up, with long dark brown hair and looking healthier then he had ever known. She looked as if she rested for a month and had a sleep that brought her back to health.

Batman furrowed his eyebrows. "Hannah?" He asked, softly, hoping that she hadn't been possessed by another entity.

It's happened before...
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Hannah slowly opened her eyes and stared up at Bruce, "Bruce? Why?-" She broke off when she saw her hair, grabbing a strand of it she stared at it as if it had offended her. "......How?" She whispered and touched her chest where the knife had been sticking out of it moments earlier...only to feel clean unbroken skin where she touched it. "What's happened to me?" She whispered quietly, and she felt..better, not sick anymore.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:38 pm

"I think... you just came back to life." He said, slowly, before feeling a tug on rope. He turned and pulled Hannah's father back to the ground, when he had tried to runaway.

He pulled the man back towards him, before grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. "Did I say you could leave?" His voice sent another shiver of fear down the man's spine.

"Excuse me for a moment..." Batman said, glancing at Hannah, before standing up and dragging the man on the ground, by his shirt.

Batman ignored the man's screams as he dragged him to the building. With his free hand, Batman pulled another grappling hook out of his belt, before shooting it up at the roof. The next second, they were gone.

A minute later, Hannah's father screamed as he was thrown off the roof, tied up. His screaming stopped for a moment when the grappling hook stopped his fall, and he swung from side to side, half way to the ground.

Batman swung back down and landed beside Hannah.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Hannah watched him leave and after he came back handed him his cape and stared down at the still bloody knife that lay on the ground. She picked it up and stared down at it as she tucked some hair behind her ear with her other hand. "Why now? I mean why did my power choose to heal me now?" She asked quietly as she looked up at him with confusion in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:51 am

He took his cape from her and placed it back on his shoulders. "I don't know... We can run some tests if you want... make sure it is actually gone." He said, as he helped her to stand.

"By the way..." He said, looking her in the eyes. "Don't ever do that again." He said, before kissing her suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 am

Hannah was about to reply but stopped when he kissed her, she slid her arms around his neck before she pulled back. "Deal...and thank you." She said quietly as she stared up at him from under her lashes.
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 am

"Don't mention it." He said, as he started to lead her back to the school.

"GET ME DOWN!!" They looked up at her father dangling from the rooftop, screaming.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. authorities will take care of them." He told her, before leading her inside, ignoring the man's cries.
Back to top Go down
Gemina

Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:43 am

Hannah looked up at her dad, a huge rush of emotions filled her but she bit her bottom lip and followed Bruce inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)   Haunted By You (tags: Bruce) Empty

Back to top Go down

Haunted By You (tags: Bruce)
Page 1 of 1